Thursday, June 16, 2011

One of my Wild Things


God does bring you the desires of your heart...long ago I told Him I would love to have one of these creatures.  (r.a.c.c.o.o.n.)  In His heart He wanted not only to give me the desires of my heart, but to show me He is a Papa who gives abundantly to those who seek Him.  I received three from Him in the beginning of May.  

They came by way of a friend who somehow knew that I have a gift with wild things (who knew God gave the ability to mother wild things as a gift, but I can attest that I have this gift).  Danny's friend cut down a tree where they were nesting, mama ran away.  After no mama returned and no phone calls to rescue groups were returned, God put my name on Danny's heart.  

When I heard the message on my machine from Danny's wife (my girlfriend Kristine)...my heart screamed yes.  I called my Knight and asked him if I could say yes...though it was his answering machine and said if he didn't return the call in a matter of minutes that I was going to call back and have them delivered to our home.

The three amigos arrived...we named them
Faith
Love
and 
Skippy John Jones

(we already have a cat named Hope...and we didn't want her to feel hurt by having to share her name ;-)

We have been enjoying them immensely.

Actually I have NEVER had anything that brought me into worship like these 3 little creatures.  As I hold them, my heart falls into adoration to my Father in heaven, who chose me to be their mama for a time.  

He is a giver of good gifts.  Actually all gifts come from Him.  Look around and begin to thank Him...and wait knowing He will bless in His perfect time.


2 comments:

  1. From Amrita,

    Oh my goodness I could give each one of them a cuddle and a back scratch - they are adorable . I 'd love them too.

    Miss your visit to my blog Kimmie

    ReplyDelete