Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adoption of Unusual Kind



This is my girlfriend Beth.  She is such a good sport.I am pretty sure if you look up the word good sport or team player, that Beth's name would be part of that definition.

This picture was taken prior to the sun rising, on a day I dragged her out of her warm bed and out to shop at 50% off, at our local Savers thrift shop.  She even *tried* to smile as I snapped her picture (knowing full well it could end up on the blog).

Beth is not only my dear friend, but she has been adopted into my family. We all love Beth and are so grateful for God for bringing her to our family.  

A few years ago Beth lost her mom (whom we both loved!).  I had the privilege of sharing with Beth her moms last moments here on earth.  It is a gift from God I will never ever forget.  It was at this moment that I realized I needed to adopt sweet Beth and make her *ours* forever.  

I love this girl with all my heart. 

Thus far she is my oldest adoptee, but by far the easiest in paperwork 
If only all adoptions could be so easy and quick!

Beth, you are a gift to me.  Thank you for going to Starbucks, because I know you prefer coffee from *other* establishments (which shall remain nameless- perhaps to protect the innocent ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment